Information Technology Business Management
Help IT and business executives improve the effectiveness of the information technology infrastructure and IT resources supporting it. Practice areas and representative assignments include the following:
- Major IT Project Management – Plan, manage and deploy IT projects. Mr. Baryenbruch has been on the management team for many IT projects involving over 800,000 hours of work by hundreds of employee and contractor personnel. The projects were implemented using Accenture Delivery Methodology and were successfully finished on time, within budget and delivered promised functionality.
- Financial System Integration – Transition an acquired company to the acquier’s financial system and data warehouse. This project involved extensive and complex conversion work.
- Asset Accounting System – Implement a new system used for project and fixed asset accounting and property tax accounting and compliance. The project involved extensive data conversion work.
- Treasury Management System – Implement a new system to manage cash and debt functions. The project included a build of interfaces to banks.
- Tax System – Implement a new system for federal and state income tax accounting and compliance.
- Financial Data Warehouse – Implement a data warehouse and the associated infrastructure necessary to make financial data available on a timely basis for managing the business and external reporting.
- Scalable Reporting – Design and development of reporting framework, standard reports, common definitions and certified data sources.
- System Upgrades – Carry out vendor upgrades to existing application systems.
- IT Governance – Assist those charged with overseeing the IT function better direct and monitor its performance.
- IT Performance Assessment – Evaluate the IT function’s performance covering on-going services and major project implementation.
- IT Performance Measurement and Reporting – Develop metrics used to measure and assess IT performance. Preparation of balanced scorecard illustrating IT’s achievement of cost, schedule and service level expectations.
- IT Major Project Status Reporting – Track the status of IT project cost, schedule and functionality performance.
- Board of Directors/Executive Management IT Performance Reporting – Develop high level performance reporting that conveys the effectiveness of IT services.
- IT Alignment with Business – Align IT services and resources with the needs of the enterprise and internal business units.
- Customer Account Services – Develop a function within the IT organization to represent the requirements of business unit customers and monitor delivery of services by IT. Develop service level agreements between the IT organization and business unit customers. Design and implement service request process for IT support.
- IT Cost Recovery – Implement usage-based and administratively effective methodology for assigning IT expenses to internal business unit customers.
- IT Budget and Cost Management – Develop processes for planning and allocating IT resources and monitoring their actual use.